"Our Joyner community embraces and empowers all to achieve their highest potential in a diverse and ever - changing world."
Joyner is proud to have joined the International Baccalaureate Organization in promoting academic excellence, responsible world citizenship and respect for diverse cultures and attitudes.
JYJ News Happenings
Welcome NEW Magnet Families
If you have received notification that you will be attending Joyner for the 2014-15 school year...
CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the Joyner Family! Please click HERE to RSVP to a special event!
If there is possible inclement weather coming, please watch your local news channel for updated information on possible delays, closings or early dismissals due to the weather impact on the road conditions. Wake County Public Schools will also have updated information on their website, Twitter and Facebook. Weather updates will be re-tweeted on all of the Joyner Twitter accounts. In the event of an early dismissal due to weather, please remember that our After School Program will NOT be open and alternative plans need to be made.
Rising Kindergarten and New Student enrollment for the 2014-15 school year begins January 13, 2014. To be eligible for Kindergarten, students must be five (5) years old on or before August 31, 2014. If Joyner is your BASE school, you will register at Joyner starting January 13th from 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Please view the "Address Look-up Tool" to verify your base school according to your physical home address. You must enroll at your base school only. If you have any questions, contact our Data Manager, Vicky Kriegsman at (919) 856-7659.
What you need to enroll:
- Completed Kindergarten enrollment forms
- A certified copy of your child's birth certificate
- Proof of your Wake County address (we can ONLY ACCEPT a current water, gas, or electric bill in parent's name, new signed lease, or offer to purchase agreement)
- A photo ID of the parent or guardian
- Your child's immunization record
- Any custody documents
- All new volunteers must be approved by registering for a criminal record check at any WCPSS site
- All continuing approved volunteers from last school year must reactivate as a volunteer at any WCPSS site
- The deadline to reactivate is Thursday, October 31, 2013
- After October 31, parents who have not reactivated as a volunteer must register for a new criminal record check.
- Beginning November 4 through May 19, the Volunteer Registration window will only be open on Mondays
Communication ToolsThere are several ways to stay informed of all the events and news happening at Joyner. Teachers will send newsletters and/or emails with news from their classroom. Every Sunday, parents and guardians will receive a weekly message via phone. You will find the text version linked from this website by Monday. Also, you can follow us on Twitter. We have several Twitter feeds that you can follow. @JoynerBuses will tweet out updated information on when buses leave and any news in regards to transportation. @JYJoyner will send out general news for the school. And follow @JoynerPrincipal and @JoynerAP for tweets from Ms. Hutchinson and Ms. Taylor on the learning and fun that they capture throughout the day. If you don’t have twitter, remember you can always set up direct texts from these twitter feeds. Click here for directions.
Take a Joyner Jaguar on Your Journey
Is your family planning an educational trip this year? The Joyner Jaguars are ready and waiting to join JYJ families on their travels and explorations around the world. We are looking for adventurous people willing to take along a Joyner Jaguar, capture a photograph with the jaguar on location, and then write a brief journal entry telling about the trip. Journal entries and pictures will be posted on the Joyner Jaguars travel blog at www.joynerjaguars.blogspot.com. For more information please contact Ms. Bell by e-mail, email@example.com, or stop by the computer lab when she is available.